Embaixada dos EUA // USA Embassy

Want to open official diplomatic relationships with Portugal? Open here your country embassy.

Embaixada dos EUA // USA Embassy

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 21 fev 2008, 18:42

Just here to say thanks to Tostex for the invitation, and I look forward to having an ambassador here shortly.
Secretary of Defense, United States of America
Editor - DoD Mag
CEO - Colorado Savings and Loan
Dishmcds
Citizen

Registado: 21 fev 2008, 18:38
Highscores: 0

Re: American Embassy

Mensagempor euphonix » 21 fev 2008, 18:48

Welcome
Imagem
Sofre constantes alterações ... As quais tem sido muito boas
Trolinó! LOL, já fostes!!!
euphonix
Plato Wanna be

Registado: 19 dez 2007, 10:45

Mensagempor TosteX » 22 fev 2008, 19:01

Welcome! :D
Sofre contantes alterações ... As quais tem sido muito boas
TosteX
Napoleon

Registado: 19 dez 2007, 01:21

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 27 fev 2008, 13:44

So as I see it, I have not found anywhere that Portugal has relations with. What are your thoughts on the situations internationally (Pakistan, UK, Sweden, and certainly not in that order)? Is there anything atm that we can do as far as economically, import/export?

Give me a little feedback so I can figure what direction to steer an ambassador. At some point, I hope to have someone else doing this, but for now, it looks like I am it.
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor DomiBoss » 27 fev 2008, 18:48

I export food to the USA.
DomiBoss
Plato Wanna be

Registado: 12 jan 2008, 19:39
Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Draconem » 27 fev 2008, 18:56

Well from my point of view this must be further discussed.

Altough Portugal already exports to your market food and gifts.
Draconem:
Mayor de Lisboa em 20-12-2007
Congressista pelo PDA em 01-01-2008
Congressista pelo P.O.R.R.A.D.A. em 25-03-2012
Editor d' "O Portugues"
Presidente de Portugal 01-03-08 a 14-03-08
Draconem
Napoleon

Registado: 18 dez 2007, 20:04
Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Socrates » 27 fev 2008, 20:03

And hospitals.
Socrates
Caesar

Registado: 18 dez 2007, 20:22
Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 28 fev 2008, 13:43

As far as exports, food and such are easy to produce, so thats an easy one, which I knew. The problem with exporting hospitals is that they are so expensive AND expansive (time consuming) it's almost anti-Nationalist to sell them to other nations for profit before all your own regions have one. If that's really what you want to do with them, then by all means, I have no issue with it.

As for foreign relations, there's a storm coming towards all of us.

We all know Sweden and Norway is the biggest force in the game. I have heard you have a pact with Spain, but they're 4000 strong. They way I see it, most of Europe, if they want to survive will have to try to ally with them.

This is all theoretical since i have no authority to negotiate pacts or anything, but if we can get some sort of Atlantic Pact with you, Spain, Venezuela, Brazil, and into the Asian Alliance (to which I think Indonesia will be a part of if they arent already, I think) then we can all protect each other from one side or the other. Thats the only way I see anyone except the Paki/Indo pact from falling to the Sweden/Norway team.
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Draconem » 28 fev 2008, 18:49

If you could make an offer we could evaluate it since we already have been offered a Mutual Protection Pact with Sweden.

We are just studying all our choices so make yours ASAP ;)

By the way who shall be the next president of USA, since Korbin King will retire?
Draconem:
Editor d' "O Portugues"
Draconem
Napoleon

Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 29 fev 2008, 15:38

I am not authorized to make an offer, so unfortunately that will have to wait until the next President comes to office (and I would recommend that for anyone, since elections are tomorrow).

As far as who it will be, it's more or less a toss up between Maalygos and Nave. Maalygos has lost twice, and Nave has played a month. The wildcard will be George, head of the Democrats after Korbin stepped down. With their sheer numbers, they could take it if everyone got real active, but I dont see that happening.

Either way, they are pretty close in opinions and whatnot, although Maal has played longer so I give the edge on experience to him. Nave has skyrocketed the Libertarian Party from obscurity to majority (100 some odd members) in less than three weeks or so, so I wouldnt count him out of anything. He has a pretty good shot at it.

As far as a MPP with Sweden, I dont know. I didnt think they were allowed to enter in any more if they were in the one with Norway. I thought that was a binding clause.

"By signing this contract, Norway and Sweden agrees to defend each other in times of war. This means if Norway is attacked, Sweden must aid in their defense. If Sweden is attacked, Norway must aid in their defence.
By aid we mean military aid.

*Norway and Sweden agrees not to attack each other.
*None of the parts have to aid in any agressive retaliation following a defensive action, or attack at all, as it's a strictly defensive pact.
*None of the parts may enter another alliance while in this one.
*The penalty for breaking any of the agreed terms will be a fee of 1000 GOLD. This amount is to be moved from one countrys treasury to the other.
*This contract will expire if one of the presidents posts a 1 week notice that the country is leaving the alliance. Only after the 7 days the contract will be off.

This contract can be changed at any time with approval of the Norwegian and Swedish presidents."

I havent read the 4 pages of posts to see if any changes were made after originally signing it.
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 29 fev 2008, 15:40

This is a blanket post I have made for all countries.

The UN project is still in baby phases. I posted an article about it, you can read it here, as to what I would like from it

http://www.erepublik.com/article-105442.html

I had a comment from the UK regarding some of the things I had mentioned as far as economy and whatnot, so I would like to at least clarify what I would like from it.

The UN is, and is in no way intended to be any form of regional government. It is used basically as mediation between countries, for either economical crisis (say your food companies go inactive, it can help stopgap with exporting goods and such) or military conflict should you be part of any alliance.

Since it is so young, I have drawn interest from about 6-10 countries on doing it, but havent seen much activity. Also, since it is so mammoth in size (think of one admin trying to administer a board of 10K people), I have asked for help, not only in ideas and planning but also in control of the forums in use.

The address, for those who havent seen it yet, is:

http://eunitednations.6.forumer.com

Isnu and lost are registered there now, but like I said, since we are in baby stages there really isnt much activity.

There are many people around the world, both here in America and other places, that will criticize what the real-life UN represents. It is my argument that the theory behind it is sound: It is a group of nations that can and will do whats best for society. If we want to see what we can do with it, then I need the help of the rest of the world on this.

It is my hope, that the UN can become what it was intended to be, which is a place we can all go, regardless of nationality, political view, or situation, and be one to do whats best for everyone involved whether in time of conflict or otherwise

Besides, I am registered on something like 10 forums, and thats a lot to browse each day.

If there are any volunteers for help, I would be more than grateful to listen.

Drew
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor DomiBoss » 03 mar 2008, 18:31

Hello America.
I know the American economy is bad. I export food Q3 and to enchange the USD to Gold it´s dificult because it isn´t offers in the enchange market to buy Gold in enchange of USD.
I am sending a message to American´s president to explain my situation.
DomiBoss
Plato Wanna be

Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 03 mar 2008, 19:04

Sorry for the confusion, but the only Portuguese company I see on the market is Q2. Can you post where I can find your company?
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor DomiBoss » 03 mar 2008, 21:24

http://www.erepublik.com/company-2377.html
My company Q3 selling food in USA.
DomiBoss
Plato Wanna be

Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 04 mar 2008, 13:58

@DomiBoss: Sorry for the confusion. For some reason that didnt pop up under your profile yesterday.

The USD was very weak with the rates we had during the last administration. I am not an econ expert, so I can't really explain the rates, but I can tell you that with the new rates, as long as prices are adjusted you'll compete just fine. If you need an explanation of the rates (although you need to be versed in econ terms) you can contact Nave (President) and he can explain it to you.

I am going to repost the UN idea, since I didnt get a response from it.

The UN project is still in baby phases. I posted an article about it, you can read it here, as to what I would like from it

http://www.erepublik.com/article-105442.html

I had a comment from the UK regarding some of the things I had mentioned as far as economy and whatnot, so I would like to at least clarify what I would like from it.

The UN is, and is in no way intended to be any form of regional government. It is used basically as mediation between countries, for either economical crisis (say your food companies go inactive, it can help stopgap with exporting goods and such) or military conflict should you be part of any alliance.

Since it is so young, I have drawn interest from about 6-10 countries on doing it, but havent seen much activity. Also, since it is so mammoth in size (think of one admin trying to administer a board of 10K people), I have asked for help, not only in ideas and planning but also in control of the forums in use.

The address, for those who havent seen it yet, is:

http://eunitednations.6.forumer.com

Isnu and lost are registered there now, but like I said, since we are in baby stages there really isnt much activity.

There are many people around the world, both here in America and other places, that will criticize what the real-life UN represents. It is my argument that the theory behind it is sound: It is a group of nations that can and will do whats best for society. If we want to see what we can do with it, then I need the help of the rest of the world on this.

It is my hope, that the UN can become what it was intended to be, which is a place we can all go, regardless of nationality, political view, or situation, and be one to do whats best for everyone involved whether in time of conflict or otherwise

Besides, I am registered on something like 10 forums, and thats a lot to browse each day.

If there are any volunteers for help, I would be more than grateful to listen.

Drew

As an addendum, I am looking for help with this. I know lots of people in the E, but I can't set up 50 countries by myself.
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Draconem » 04 mar 2008, 19:24

I have been talking with Nave and we get along pretty well ;) he did some good measures to protect your economy ;)

Unfortunately it screwed my business...
Draconem:
Editor d' "O Portugues"
Draconem
Napoleon

Profile @ eRepublik

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 04 mar 2008, 21:19

I know, I run bank. Turned my USD/Gold ratio I carried into mush, but overall he did what was best for the country, and we all have to adjust to it.

What about the UN?
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 06 mar 2008, 20:21

I have several hopes for what the promise of the United Nations could be in this game. As none of us can actually see each other, judge based on looks or appearance, or crowd we hang out with , the United Nations can be used in a positive sense to do what's best for society. It is not based on what the real United Nations stands for or how they accomplish that goal.

Here's a rough picture of what the first mandate and some examples could be of the possibilities of having a joint UN could do in Erepublik:

Article 1: Foundation

The United Nations will be founded and open by any member of any country around the globe. It will not discriminate based on military stance, viewpoint, or opinion, but should be an open form of communication for all nations for all purposes.

Article 2: Substance

The United Nations will be open for anyone to register, whether that citizen is a functional person in the government or a normal citizen who simply wants to voice their opinions. Each Nation that is enrolled in the UN will have their own open forum to which anyone can enter and post messages, questions, or concerns that deal with that Nation. Each Nation will have two set representatives, the President and one delegate that can speak openly on the United Nations Assembly Floor. This is simply to restrict what a Nation feels should be brought as an International issue or simply an in-house issue.

Article 3: Governance

The United Nations will be Governed by a Five member board and one administrator (me). The Five Member board will have admin powers over the forums, and will count as votes for an International Committee. These five members should not be involved as Presidents in any country. Should one of the members run and get elected for President, they will be asked to resign and a new member will be chosen by the remaining four out of whatever applicants are available, however in order to become a board member you must be approved by at least eight (8) other countries currently with a seat in the United Nations. During a member vote, new Nations will not be allowed to apply for access.

The Board of Members will act as speakers of the house, and solve any disputes within reason that happen within the United Nations, as well as be able to make suggestions or mediate between countries should it be necessary.

Article 4: Intent

It is the intent of the United Nations to provide a united place for all countries to meet in both times of peace and war, to resolve issues, propose economic solutions, help smaller nations should they need it, and promote a better society for all persons within Erepublik from any viewpoint that wishes to be heard.

It is to be said that any treaty, protective pact, alliance, is not the doing of the United Nations, and should they form while in the UN it is of their own doing. The United Nations is NOT intended to form a global peacekeeping force, regional government, law enforcement (unless contractually signed by ALL parties involved), or otherwise, and the United Nations will not claim responsibility for those actions.

All members who choose to do so, will do so under their own free will, and all consequences will fall on their broad shoulders.

Basically, here's an example:

We all know that we all have separate forums, which is fantastic. It is extremely time consuming however if you want to negotiate with more than one other country in doing anything. Whether you speak by PM, or going into those people's forums, it ends up being said by someone else and may get messed up. Let's say you, Spain, and the UK wanted to form an alliance. UK tells Spain something, they then come to you, but tell you something close to it, but it loses meaning in translation. Also, it would probably take more than three days for all communication can be done. We are already at enough of a disadvantage with the time zone difference. With the UN, the three of you can meet in one country's embassy, and talk it out. Sign your pact (or economic deal, whichever), and move on and actually implement something rather than spend all your time talking about it.

Thats why I need help. I can't promote this by myself, and I spend way too much time in other forums as it is to really keep an eye on all of them.
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Dishmcds » 12 mar 2008, 19:32

More news on the UN. Havent seen a reply in a while, so here it is.

http://www.erepublik.com/article-133761.html
Editor - DoD Mag
Dishmcds
Citizen

Mensagempor Bl1ndn3ss » 20 jun 2008, 02:21

Hi!
I am here to make my introduction to the portuguese and to the portuguese government.
I am the Ambassador of the United States of America in Portugal.

I hope for a long and friendly relation between our countries and it is to keep that friendship that I am at your service.

Contacts to and from the US government should be made by me (to avoid confusion). But considering the close relation that the US President has with some of the portuguese direct contact is also possible.

Thank you,

Bl1ndn3ss

--------------------------------------------------------

Viva!
Serve este meio para efectuar a minha apresentação ao povo português e ao governo português.
Eu sou o embaixador dos Estados Unidos da America em Portugal.

Espero que a relação entre os dois paises se mantenha no mesmo tom de amizade, e é par manter essa amizade que estou ao vosso dispôr.

Contactos com e do governo Norte-Americano devem ser feitas através de mim (para evitar confusões). Mas considerando a relação próxima que alguns portugueses mantêm com o Presidente Norte-Americano é possível também o contacto directo.

Obrigado,

Bl1ndn3ss

Como já repararam eu falo português mas caso seja necessario vou vos pedir que traduzam os vossos pedidos para inglês de modo a evitar mal-entendidos. :)
Bl1ndn3ss

Registado: 20 jun 2008, 02:10

Mensagempor Diogo Sena » 20 jun 2008, 12:34

Be welcome
Diogo Sena
Caesar

Registado: 08 mai 2008, 17:43

Mensagempor Naadjh » 21 jun 2008, 02:59

Bem vindo Bl1ndn3ss!

welcome!
Naadjh
Napoleon

Registado: 11 fev 2008, 21:15

Mensagempor pedro c » 21 jun 2008, 14:51

Welcome to Portugal ambassador. ;)
Regards
pedro c
Alexander the Great

Registado: 14 jun 2008, 12:43

Mensagempor NeilP99 » 20 fev 2009, 22:09

I would like to greet the people of ePortugal. My name is NeilP99 and I am the new American Ambassador to Portugal. Please feel free to message me with any diplomatic questions you have.
NeilP99

Registado: 20 fev 2009, 22:06

Mensagempor Popelus » 20 fev 2009, 23:03

Welcome!!
Deitar cedo e cedo erguer... que mais podemos querer ?

Popelus, ex-eCongressista pelo SDP (Norte)
Popelus
Caesar

Registado: 02 fev 2009, 17:20

Próximo

Voltar para Embassies

Quem está ligado:

Utilizador a ver este Fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 1 visitante